In 4 months we launch the consumer-facing aspects of our 3rd Independent Retailer Month UK. It may seem a long way off, but as you may have realised these things take a lot of planning, especially if you are going to get a whole town and community engaged and involved! Although we’re all still very much focused on delivering www.indieeaster.co.uk/easter-egg-hunt we also now need to turn part of our focus on to making the July campaign the biggest and best yet.
Planning ahead for Independent Retailer Month 2013
Independent Retailer Month is not like the Indie Christmas and Easter campaigns. It doesn’t involve a standard activity for towns to get involved with, instead it “gives permission” (if you ever needed it) for retailers, groups, and whole towns, to create promotions, activities and events that will engage and excite the local community. It’s intended to be a month-long celebration of independent traders. Therefore it takes a bit more thought as the opportunities are quite diverse. On the plus side ANY retailer can get involved even if the town as a whole isn’t specifically doing anything.
Preparations – A Few things to think about…
- The promotions, activities and events could you / your town be doing to create a “buzz” for independent retailers throughout July
- Take a look at our ideas via http://www.independentretailermonth.co.uk/get-involved/
- Download our guide – How to get the most out of Independent Retailer Month
- If you have ideas you’d like to share please let us know as your great ideas may well be really helpful to others – you can email us or share your thoughts on facebook via www.facebook.com/independentretailermonthuk
- If you’d like to submit a blog for our “blog-a-day for Indie Retail
- We publish at least one day, a mix of helpful information, ideas, advice, inspiration, success stories – so if you have something useful to share then please let us know so we can add you to our list of bloggers and ensure we have the content ready to roll come July.
- Using our posters in your windows to pique consumer interest and get them engaged in conversation
Webinar: Celebrating Independent Retail throughout July
To support you in planning ahead for Independent Retailer Month we are offering a webinar for anyone interested on Monday 18th March at 6:30pm. For full details and to register see “Celebrating Independent Retail throughout July – Planning ahead for Independent Retailer Month UK 2013” – https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/791490110. If you can’t make the session, don’t worry, it will be recorded and you can watch it again later.
I look forward to celebrating independent retail with you throughout July!