3 Top tips for successful email marketing using a customer newsletter
1. Pick an email service provider through which you can build and send out your emails. The reasons you should do this are:
- You will be able to choose from templates and create professional-looking emails that represent your company.
- You will be able to store your contacts in one place and continue to grow them.
- You will be able to keep a record of emails sent.
- You will be able to track the success of your newsletter through the integrated reporting.
- Finally, your emails will be less likely to be treated as spam by internet service providers.
2. Create a schedule of how often you want to send out your newsletter. Include things like themes or subjects you want to cover. This will help you tremendously when you actually start to write your newsletter.
3. Have a list of contacts you can send your newsletter to. Even if it’s initially friends, family and current customers, they will help you to get the word out.
What next? More advice from Constant Contact to help with your email marketing…
So, you’re now ready to get started and wondering what you do. Take a look at the blog posts below for next steps. And, if you like what you see, remember to share!
This blog was provided by Tamsin Fox-Davies, Small Business Marketing Mentor, Constant Contact UK. You can also download their useful advice on getting, and keeping, email permissions via www.independentretail.co.uk/resources
Constant Contact UK is a sponsor of the Support for Independent Retail campaign. To find out more about them see www.independentretail.co.uk/sponsor or visit www.constantcontact.co.uk. You can also tweet them via @ctctUK or connect on Facebook via http://www.facebook.com/ConstantContactUK